I feel I should have mentioned Christmas or said something about the tree. I had a tree.
Well, have. It's not down yet. The flat's a mess, actually. There was company over and I haven't had time to clean up since. It was a good holiday in all, and Boxing Day especially. Although I watched much less football than usual -- I know, and it's a sin, really and truly -- I still had the time to see the Toffees take away a point. Which should have been three, and Andy Johnson can forget about that love poem I'd begun composing anyway. I've become distracted.
For one thing, I'm learning to cook -- well, to cook more. It's not that I didn't already understand the basics. I can boil rice and noodles, for example; but it's really been a while for a few things.
It's very distracting, though, and I find myself taking time at work to learn new recipes. Harder to concentrate, I guess, is what it is. I've already lost a shirt to my latest learning endeavour -- and who really knows what sacrifices are still ahead. It's hard to know whether I ought to be excited or terrified.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I stumbled upon your blog and got caught up reading it. Now I've burnt the pizza. :(
I'd send you a slice, but it would get pretty cold going over the pond.
Post a Comment